Are you looking for a way to reward custom grade points for your students? The Tutor LMS Gradebook addon allows you to not only add your custom grade points but also keep track of students’ progress. In general, Tutor LMS Gradebook is a system that provides information on students’ overall performance in a course.
In this article, we’ll show you how to use Tutor LMS Gradebook. We’ll also provide instructions to configure it so students can download it right after finishing the course.
What is a gradebook?
The Tutor LMS Gradebook has a grade point system for grading a student’s coursework. The add-on offers a ton of options that allow you to configure the grading system according to your preference. You can grade how a student performed in their Tutor LMS quiz sets and assignments. In other words, it’s just like the report card system that has the complete record throughout the course.
Tutor LMS offers different scoring methods to grade students on the platform. You can use a letter grading system such as A, B, C, D, and F, or numbers like 100, 90, 80, etc. Not only that, but Tutor LMS also lets you use custom grade names like Excellent, Good, Fair, and more exciting options.
A student’s grade is a document that helps the student, teacher, and others understand how well the student performs.
How to use Tutor LMS Gradebook
First off, Gradebook is an addon that is only available on Tutor LMS Pro. So you need to install and activate Tutor LMS Pro to use it. Once you have Tutor LMS Pro installed and activated, you have to enable the Gradebook add-on.
Get Latest Post Notifications!
Follow these steps to use Tutor LMS Gradebook
- Go to Tutor LMS Pro > Add-ons.
- Locate Gradebook and turn it on.
You have successfully enabled Gradebook from the Add-ons page. Now, you have to go to Tutor LMS Pro > Settings > Gradebook to access the Gradebook settings.
You will be offered four settings on the Tutor LMS Gradebook settings page. From here, you can configure how your gradebook will look like.
- Use Points Instead of Grades: The first option lets you use points instead of grades. This option enables you to use the numerical points (1,2,3) to show the result of the student instead of the letter grading system (A+, A, and B+).
With this enabled, you can show student results in 4 or 5 points as an alternative to 100 marks. This means you can configure it in a way that if a student earns 80- 89 percent/marks, their grade will show as 3.50 or whatever you want.
- Enable GPA Scale Limit: The second option of Gradebook settings lets you show the limit of the GPA scale. If this option is turned on, the student can see the GPA scale of the course. If someone scores 87, it will show as 87/100.
- Separator Between Scores: This option lets you set a custom separator between grade scores. With it, you can display your grade as 10/10, 10 out of 10, or 10 in 10 or more.
- Set the GPA Scale Limit: The last option in the Tutor LMS gradebook setting lets you change the limit of the GPA. With this setting, you can change your grade system from out of 4 to out of 5.
Configuring Tutor LMS Gradebook
After tweaking the gradebook settings, you need to configure the grades to fit your e-learning endeavor. For that, navigate to Tutor LMS Pro > Gradebook.
- Select the Grade Settings from the upper right side.
- Click on the Import Sample Grade Data below.
This will import eight sample grades from A+ to F or 90-100 to 0-29 range. You can modify them according to your preference by clicking on the Edit button.
You can also add new grades if you don’t want to use the sample of Tutor LMS. For that, click Add New from the Tutor LMS Pro > Gradebook > Gradebook Settings tab.
You will be offered four fields and a color option in the Add New Grade tab. You will need to fill up the fields to have your custom grades.
- Grade name: You have to enter the name of your custom grade. Such as A+ to F or something else.
- Grade point: Here, you have to provide the grade point for the grade. For example, 4.00, 3.50, etc.
- Maximum percentile: You must enter the maximum range number to get the grade.
- Minimum percentile: You must enter the minimum range number to get the grade.
- Color: Here, you can choose colors for each grade as you want.
That is how you can easily add your own custom grade system for the students.
After configuring the gradebook, the grading system will be added to all existing courses. You can test it from the overview tab. For testing the gradebook, go to Tutor LMS Pro > Gradebook > Overview tab.
Now to the last part of the Tutor LMS gradebook. Only students can get their Gradebook from their course page. Instructors and admins don’t have access to generate gradebooks. They can only regenerate or update an existing Gradebook that the student already created.
Students must participate in the quizzes and assignments to generate the gradebook. After all of these, a student can get hold of their grade book. If they can access the gradebook, they can go to the Course homepage and click Generate Gradebook.
Gradebook is an excellent feature for every learning management system. Tutor LMS has developed this feature so anyone can configure it without knowing any coding.
In this article, we’ve shown how to use Tutor LMS Gradebook. Also, we’ve provided all the necessary information related to Tutor LMS Gradebook features. Tutor LMS is a great WordPress LMS plugin that offers many components for running a course-selling website. Don’t be afraid to check out other Tutor LMS settings on your own. If you find any trouble, write to us, and we’ll help you.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links and we may receive a small commission if you purchase something by following them. However, we recommend services/products that we believe good to serve your purpose.