See how to use Tutor LMS content copy protection, hotlink protection and more. Implement these to make your eLearning content extra secure.
As an eLearning website, you have to invest a lot of effort, time, money and soul. After all of the work, you have to ensure that the students are getting access to your materials.
But you also have to ensure that your handcrafted contents are not being stolen or misused by anyone.
In the age of data and digital assets, protecting your valuable content from abusers is necessary. Tutor LMS shines in this category. Tutor LMS is a great Learning Management System and provides enough options to make your content safe on the website.
In this article, we will explore how to make the Tutor LMS website content more secure and protect from information abusers. Get your favourite drink and keep reading without missing a bit!
Hotlinks can be problematic for website owners. Hotlinks refer to a method where images or other media can be accessed from another website by copying the file link.
Get Latest Post Notifications!
Now let’s find out how hotlinks works, for example:
Website 1 owner found an image on your Website (2). He (the owner of Website 1) can copy the image link without saving the image file and display it on a page of Website 1.
This may sound exciting, but the hotlinks consume bandwidth from Website 1, and this is where it becomes problematic.
Luckily, Tutor LMS has a built-in toggle switch to turn off the hotlinks. This means if you turn off hotlinks from your Tutors LMS website just by pressing a button, all of the media links from your website will stop displaying from another source or website.
Follow the steps below to turn off Hotlinks in Tutor LMS:
- Go to Tutor LMS Settings > Advanced
- Select Content Security
- Toggle on the Prevent Hotlinking switch
That’s it. You are good to go! From now on, no one can abuse the hotlinks system and drain your bandwidth.
Prevent content copying from the site
Allowing content copying from the site on different websites might work well or be helpful. But having the option to copy content from the learning management system website can lead to students cheating in quizzes or other assessments. Also, this can easily enable others to copy your content.
This is why many e-learning or course-selling websites have turned on content copying protection to prevent copying texts from the website.
Content copy protection prevents users from opening the context menu to copy the texts from the website.
Tutor LMS also has features to prevent students from using the right-click button and selecting texts from the course page.
You should turn off the content copy access from the site if you want to make your Tutor LMS website content more secure.
Follow the steps below to turn off content-copying access from Tutor LMS:
- Go to Tutor LMS Settings > Advanced
- Click on Content Security
- Toggle on the Copy Protection switch
After turning on the copy protection, the chances of cheating will be reduced, and your content will be safer than usual.
Implement fraud protection with reCAPTCHA
reCAPTCHA is a free Google service that helps to protect your website from spam and different types of network abuse. The reCAPTCHA is a challenge-response verification system developed in a way that everybody can easily understand on the internet.
It offers a test that is easy for humans but harder for spammy bots.
reCAPTCHA is being used by billions of websites worldwide to have protection from unwanted bot access. If you want your course-selling website to be more secure, then implementing reCAPTCHA will be a good addition. This will prevent bots from infecting your website.
Currently, there are three reCAPTCHA types on the web.
- Invisible reCAPTCHA: The first reCAPTCHA works behind the stage and stays invisible to perform most of the analysis. It remains hidden and detects bots based on many factors, such as mouse movement speed, user IP address and user’s device time and date.
- reCAPTCHA v2: The second reCAPTCHA or reCAPTCHA v2 is the most popular reCAPTCHA system used on the internet. It pops up messages and says complete the “I’m not a robot” challenge. The users get access to the website right after finishing the test successfully.
- reCAPTCHA v3: The latest reCAPTCHA or reCAPTCHA v3. It uses AI and machine learning to determine whether a user session is suspicious and what to do thereafter.
👉 Learn More: How to Use Tutor LMS Two-Factor Authentication
Tutor LMS lets users turn ON the reCAPTCHA on their website for better protection. Let’s see how:
Follow the instructions to create reCAPTCHA Keys on Tutor LMS:
- Go to the Google reCAPTCHA page
- Enter a label
- Select your desired reCAPTCHA type
- Type in your website address
- Press on the Submit button
- Copy the Site Key and Secret Key
- Go to Tutor LMS Pro > Settings > Authentication
- Click on the Enable Fraud Protection toggle button
- Select Google reCAPTCHA v2 or v3 on the method section as you have generated the keys.
- Paste the Site Key in the Enter ReCAPTCHA Site Key section
- Paste the Secret Key in the Enter ReCAPTCHA Secret Key section
- Choose the location where you want spam and fraud protection
- Click on the Save Changes button
Tutor LMS is an excellent learning management system WordPress plugin. It offers all the lavish and necessary tools to build a powerful website to create and publish online courses. You can do all of that without any coding.
It helps the users make a name in the marketplace, offers tons of exciting content protection settings to prevent students from cheating and misuse of bandwidths, as well as secures websites from spam and bots.
Tutor LMS updates regularly with new stuff that help the users stay tension-free.
In this article, we’ve shown you how to secure your Tutor LMS and other ways to protect your content from unwanted access.
We hope you have found this article helpful and have taken the necessary steps to protect your website. Cheers!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links and we may receive a small commission if you purchase something by following them. However, we recommend services/products that we believe good to serve your purpose.