There are thousands of new blogs appearing every day on the internet. Ever questioned yourself that what’s unique your site is offering that will make audiences stick with your site?
Luckily, WordPress has varieties of plugins to offer to step up user engagement. Let’s have a look at some of the best plugins that will increase engagement with readers on your WordPress site.
We, human beings, are discussion lovers by nature. That’s why it’s obvious to install a discussion corner on your blog. The Disqus plugin replaces the native WordPress comment section with a stylish discussion layout. Users can sign up with their social media accounts and start a discussion or take part in right after that. Voting or adding comments to a particular thread is possible as well.
Some of the best Disqus features that makes it recommendable are:
- Seamless integration with existing comments on single click.
- User engagement boost with a community-like commenting experience.
- Realtime rich user engagement features such as voting, photo and video upload, media embed from other sites, spoiler tags, mentions, and so on.
- Auto moderation tools to block user or flag comment.
- Improved SEO score with user generated contents.
- Rich analytics to understand your audience potential better.
- Monetization feature to grow revenue.
Overall, Disqus is a very easy to manage and user engaging discussion plugin which you should have on your site. If you’re looking for Disqus plugin alternatives, check out this post about the best WordPress comment plugins.
The Super Socializer plugin supports social media and incorporates all the regular social media updates and trends as well. If you’re using this plugin, you don’t need the other individual social media plugins as all the functionality is bundled into this one plugin. Features from this plugin like social sharing, share counters, social login, social media follow icons and so on make it a one-stop solution regarding all social media-related terms. You have the chance to customize each of these tools by your choice.
Tools that make Super Socializer a great user engagement plugin for WordPress are:
- Rapid & hustle free signup process using existing social media accounts.
- Auto save of users’ data such as e-mail makes it easy to communicate with the audience on a broad term.
- Smart spam reduction filter to keep the discussion section look organic.
Just by installing this plugin, you get to add so many new functionalities to your WordPress site. This plugin is insanely compatible with Gutenberg block editor. You can add social share, social media login, social media follow feature for more than 100 social media platforms.You also get icon customization feature for free. You can enable social comments via Disqus or Facebook comments.
Maybe, forums sound like an old internet thing, but it’s still there anyway. We all love them undoubtedly. Forums increase user engagement at a great number. So utilizing your forums with a plugin like bbPress will provide your varieties of options to customize your forums as you need.
bbPress made this list of user engagement boost plugins for WordPress, because of these features:
- Easy installation and activation process.
- Section based multiple forum functionality.
- Fast, light, yet simple user interface.
- Huge customizable templates collection.
- Spam protection & RSS feed.
The lightweight and stylish BBPress plugin offers an easy-to-customization interface, impressive management tools and supports Akismet, the plugin that keeps the spammers away. You’re just one step away from having a worthy conversation on your site, just using BBPress.
It’s a known fact that most of the traffic on the internet comes from search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. With that being said, it’s a must for any kind of website to have an SEO plugin. Using a strong SEO plugin like Yoast SEO can boost your traffic dramatically with just some easy tweaks. Yoast SEO plugin helps with internal linking and suggests ways in which you can keep your audiences looped into your website. With the crosslinking process automated for your website, you will see more engagement for sure.
It’s unimaginable that in how many ways you can boost user engagement using Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress. Some of the amazing Yoast SEO plugin features are:
- Auto XML sitemaps generation and submission.
- Custom meta header and description to keep those info engaging.
- Focus keyword inspector to improve SEO on certain keywords.
- Easy auto redirection feature to keep even dead links alive.
- Bulk title and description customization feature.
You can use the premium version of Yoast SEO plugin to create smart internal links, to keep users engaged and browsing through your site. If you want to know about Yoast SEO plugin alternatives, then you can check out this post about the best WordPress SEO plugins.
Cache plays a vital role in user engagement boost while it comes to WordPress website. WP Rocket has been proven as the best cache plugins available out there for WordPress. WP Rocket claims to provide easy customization for faster websites. The best things about WP Rocket are:
- Cache management to make WordPress sites feels snappy and SEO friendly.
- Inbuilt GZIP Compression that compresses web pages on the server and decompresses them in the browser to appear content faster on the audience side.
- Cache preloading to keep the site awesome even making changes to the site.
- eCommerce optimization for a better online shopping experience.
Mobile devices drive most of the traffic on the internet these days. So prioritizing mobile user audiences could be a good choice. That’s where AMP, which means Accelerated Mobile Pages, comes into work. What WordPress AMP does is decrease loading time on your page and create the same copy which contains the same content as those articles on your site. As AMP improves the loading time and overall experience on your site, it’s a thumbs-up choice to have.
Some benefits of having AMP implemented on a WordPress sites are:
- Presence of Ads and Analytics even after being a compressed web version.
- Reduced loading time that results in more engagement and low bounce rate.
- Enhanced SEO optimization and compatible with any mobile browser.
- Mobile friendly & optimized data compression.
- Auto sitemap optimization by Google.
There are many AMP plugins out there. All of them get the job done. To know more about WordPress AMP and AMP plugins, check out this post.
Not every visitor pays attention to offers and newsletter campaigns while navigating through a website. A plugin like OptinMonster appears with a popup to the audiences and makes sure that they don’t miss what’s happening on the site and why they should take part in it. With OptinMonster, you can use either the geo-targeting method or typical pop-up techniques to get people to opt for your emails or newsletters. The plugin also makes sure that it doesn’t hamper user experiences.
OptinMonster is a true WordPress-based monster that does:
- MonsterLinks to convert any link or image into an optin form with just two steps.
- Geo-Location Targeting to improve conversions by personalizing campaigns based on visitor’s location.
- Exit-Intent Technology detects users’ mouse behavior and shows them a targeted message as they are leaving.
- Easy and customizable drag and drop optin forms builder.
- Various campaign types to fit any occasion and screen size.
Email marketing is nothing new these days. Every individual has an e-mail address and an e-mail address means another audience for us, site owners. A plugin like MailChimp will ensure that your content is reaching the subscribers properly and letting them know what’s new on your website. With MailChimp, you can create targeted email campaigns, automate the follow-up to your campaigns, and refine your products based on your customer’s preferences and interests.
Some of the amazing MailChimp functionalities are:
- Simple and customizable user interface.
- Free version works well for small blogs and small business owners.
- Detailed analytics makes it easy to plan next steps.
- Rich email marketing and manaagemnet tools trusted by millions.
It doesn’t matter what your site is about, it’s obvious to have an email marketing plugin like MailChimp.
Contact forms are an important part of a website both generally and occasionally. These are a great way to understand the user’s preferences and know what they are looking for from your website. A plugin like Ninja Forms lets you customize the contact form to match your needs.
Ninja Forms made this list of best user engagement plugins for WordPress, because of these features:
- Drag and drop form builder with more than 27 customizable field types.
- Customizable, SEO friendly and responsive templates.
- Automatically matches theme changes.
- Unlimited form builder and form submission for FREE.
As Ninja Forms provides a drag and drop admin panel, it’s very easy to keep track of your data collection campaigning and e-mail collection environment as well.
This plugin adds more to your user engagement possibilities. The One Signal Plugin sends notifications directly to the subscribed user’s desktop or mobile. Every time you post new content, your audience will receive a notification from you. This is considered to be the best way to keep your audience engaged with your site’s content.
One Signal is great because of these features:
- Support for web and native platforms, smart assistance such as Google Assistant, Alexa, Siri is coming soon.
- Easy to set up and works on any platform.
- Send notification in bulk or segments.
- Detailed analytics makes it easy to plan the next campaign.
Contests and giveaways profit the site owner more than the contestants. Using some reward or incentive, you provide users with referral links that they are sure to share around the internet which makes your site more popular. Besides, referrals and giveaways spread through social media which improves your website’s online presence. Using a plugin like Contests by Rewards Fuel can provide more than 30 different entry methods, social media enabled giveaways, contests and surely newsletters. More features like digital prizes, easily embeddable contests, location selection, and automated contests are also available with this plugin. So, run a contest on your site if possible in case of gaining more real-time engagement with your users.
It’s unlikely that you haven’t heard of BuzzFeed. This site’s fortune is made upon it’s amazing interactable contents. One of them is quizzes. Interactive contents like trivia quizzes and personality quizzes work on a personal level and adds a whole new level to user engagement. If you can set up these quizzes accordingly, you will see a huge amount of user engagement boost using the plugins on your WordPress site. Quizzes can help to increase your email list or your social media presence.
This plugin called Yet Another Stars Rating works in a simple, but very effective way. The readers can share their ratings and reviews, which will help visitors engage with your posts. These ratings and reviews will help online audiences to understand your content better even before going through them. The Yet Another Stars Rating offers some blocks for Gutenberg editor.
If you care much about user engagements and interactions on your WordPress blog, then it’s not a waste of time to spend a few minutes to add custom related posts beneath your WordPress blog post. Obviously there are thousands of plugins that do the job. But, you as a human can recommend better than any other program.
If you’re not hesitated about taking that extra step, then Custom Related Posts is a perfect fit to boost user engagement on your WordPress blog site. You can display related posts with a shortcode, widget or block. The plugin works flawlessly with both WordPress Classic editor & Gutenberg block editor.
If you’re running a content-rich website, then you should consider using more user engagement scopes like discussions, forums, contents, subscriptions, social sharing, etc. The right combination of plugins according to your site’s category can lead you to the goal you’re looking to achieve.